Facility Coordinator Assistant (Non-Exempt)
I. POSITION PURPOSE
This position provides for safety and maintenance/custodial care for Lopes Orchards De Paul Center (LODPC) buildings and grounds and assisting the Facility Coordinator as needed.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs preventive inspections to buildings and grounds for plumbing, mechanical, electrical, heating and air conditioning system failures. Contacts approved service or repair agency if needed and oversees successful completion of work within budget.
- Sets up for special events (e.g., chairs, tables and other equipment for special events); hauls and removes items as requested.
- Assures the collection and disposal of trash and garbage.
- Maintains an inventory of all maintenance/janitorial supplies necessary for LODPC.
- Assures LODPC is maintained in a clean and orderly manner. The employee dust mops and vacuums floors, cleans bathrooms and washes windows if needed.
- Assures LODPC grounds are maintained in a clean and safe manner. The employee oversees the care of the grounds by a third party. Blows litter from walkways, weeds, sprays weeds and oversees sprinkler system as needed.
- Performs minor maintenance on LODPC building. The employee accomplishes this by doing light carpentry work and minor repair work on the facility as needed.
- Assures the facility is clean after events and that it is ready for use.
- Collects and removes litter from the grounds on a daily basis.
- Evaluates grounds and makes recommendations for repairs and/or changes to the Facility Coordinator.
- Oversees volunteers helping on designated projects for grounds cleanup.
- Assists the Facility Coordinator in supervising the rental use of LODPC by third parties. Employee may be required to be present during time the facility is rented to ensure its proper care by tenants.
- Completes online Food Service Safety Certification.
- Performs all other jobs as assigned.
III. EXPECTED QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Commitment to the Mission of the parish.
- Ability to maintain grounds, parking lots and roads.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must clear Live Scan, be in possession of a valid California Driver License, insurance and have reliable transportation.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated competence in safety, cleaning and maintaining buildings.
- General knowledge of janitorial supplies, their application and safety measures.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and honor diversity within the Parish community.
- English/Spanish speaking preferred.