One Community, One Faith… Our Future
It is with great excitement I can announce that in August Simile Construction will start construction on the St. Vincent de Paul Community Life Center. For nearly six years we have dreamed of this day, and it is finally here.
We have been blessed to receive donations from anonymous parish parishioners and the Parish has procured a $1 million loan to bridge the gap of the final amount needed to finish the new facility. With these funds, we will be able complete the Community Center and begin using it next summer. This project will ensure a lasting legacy for the future of our parish community.
We will now have to work diligently to raise the funds necessary to pay off the loan, as not to burden the Parish’s other obligations. If you have not yet participated in our campaign or would like to donate, building fund envelopes are located in the vestibule.
On behalf of everyone working toward this goal, I thank you the parishioners for all that you do for our parish and each of you for sharing your gifts and talents. Please look for construction updates in the bulletin and on the new Community Center Facebook Page.
Just a few of the events that can benefit from the new larger facility:
- Holy Days of Obligation Services
- Funeral Receptions
- Quinceañeras Celebrations
- Parish Appreciation Dinner
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Celebration
- CYO Sports
- Parish Ministry Meetings
- School Graduation
- Breakfast with Santa
- Wedding Receptions
- Back to School Bash
- Spring Bazaar
- School Talent Show
Proposed interior floor plan
The Sacred Heart Parish has grown dramatically in population over the past 100 years, to a vibrant faith community of over 3,000 registered families. The current church building, built in 1947, was designed to seat 350 people. In the spirit of the Vincentian charism the parish has a passion for championing the needs of the poor and providing an education that prepares students to make a positive impact in the world around them.
- 600 seat facility
- Expanded parking
- 8,000 sq-ft Rental Hall
- Commercial Kitchen
- Meetings Rooms
- Stage and Sound System
- Designated Youth Center
- Basketball/Volleyball Court
Arial View of Project
Please keep in mind:
- Pledge commitments can be above or below the amount listed on these suggested plans.
- Naming opportunities and memorial acknowledgements are available.
- Please make checks payable to Sacred Heart Parish. All payments are tax deductible for those who itemize their tax return. All gifts are confidential.
- Pledge payments are in addition to your regular offertory contribution. The offertory collection pays for the day-to-day operations of the parish. Your pledge to this campaign will be used specifically for the St. Vincent de Paul Community Life Center building fund.
Almighty and ever-loving God, we thank you for the many blessings you give to our parish. Send your Holy Spirit to guide us in proclaiming your kingdom as we work toward building up your reign here on earth through our words, actions, and lives. May we generously give of ourselves to help one another and provide a welcoming place for all. Grant success to our work as we unite ourselves to you,
One Community, having One Faith, building Our Future in Your Name. We ask this through Christ, Our Lord. Amen
The Vincentian fathers celebrate 65 years at Sacred Heart and have seen our parish community grow by 140% in the last ten years. Our parish and school communities now include the foll.owing:
- More than 10,000 parishioniers
- 200 school and pre-school students
- More than 100 weddings, quinceañeras, and funerals
- 35 ministry groups
- More than 500 parishioners involved with ministries