Maintenance Worker – CLOSED
Sacred Heart Church of Patterson is now accepting applications for a Maintenance Worker. This position provides the safety, maintenance and custodial care for all the parish buildings and grounds. The Employment Application and job description can be found on the parish website www.sacredheartpatterson.org. A completed application can be mailed or dropped off at the parish office – Sacred Heart Church, 529 I Street, Patterson, CA 95363. Employee hours and pay are negotiable.
I. POSITION PURPOSE
This position provides for safety and maintenance/custodial care for all of the parish buildings and grounds.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Performs preventive maintenance to buildings and grounds to minimize plumbing, mechanical, electrical, heating and air conditioning system failures.
B. Secures buildings when not in use.
C. Sets up for special events (e.g., chairs, tables and other equipment for special events); hauls and removes items as requested.
D. Assures the collection and disposal of trash and garbage.
E. Maintains an inventory of all maintenance/janitorial supplies necessary for all areas of the parish.
F. Assures the church and other parish buildings are maintained in a clean and orderly manner. The employee dust mops and vacuums floors, cleans bathrooms and washes windows, scrubs, waxes, and shampoos floors. Employee maintains wood furnishings, which require oiling and maintenance.
G. Assures the parish grounds are maintained in a clean and safe manner. The employee mows, waters and edges lawns, blows litter from walkways, weeds, prunes and rakes on a seasonal basis, sprays weeds and maintains sprinkler system.
H. Performs minor maintenance on all parish buildings. The employee accomplishes this by doing light carpentry work and minor repair work on the facilities as needed.
I. Collects and removes litter from the grounds on a daily basis.
J. Performs preventive maintenance and makes repairs to hand and power equipment used in the performance of duties.
K. Evaluates grounds and makes recommendations for changes.
L. Oversees volunteers helping on designated projects for grounds cleanup.
M. Performs all other jobs as assigned.
III. EXPECTED QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Commitment to the Mission of the parish.
- Successful work experience in minor repair work, including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning systems, and painting.
- Successful work experience cleaning designated areas of facilities.
- Ability to maintain grounds, parking lots and roads.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must clear Live Scan, be in possession of a valid California Driver License and have reliable transportation.
- Able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of grass, plants, flowers, and trees on parish grounds. Ability to cut, prune, etc., as appropriate.
- Ability to provide minor repair for equipment.
- Demonstrated competence in safety, cleaning and maintaining buildings.
- General knowledge of janitorial supplies, their application and safety measures.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and honor diversity within the Parish community.
Employee hours and pay are negotiable.